- Argosy University, M.A. Marriage and Family Therapy - MN
- Metropolitan State University, B.A. - MN
- Arkansas Baptist School of Nursing, R.N. - AR
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - MN
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor - MN
- Master Practitioner: Cognitive & Neuro-Linguistics
- Approved Supervisor: MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Prepare and Enrich Certified Counselor
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Hpnosis
- Minnesota Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Renewing Your Mind International
I invite you to experience 'MOORE'
information ABOUT the therapist.
This page was last updated: February 1, 2013
As a licensed marriage and family therapist, I practice from a systems point of view, which means to take into account personal, family, and community relationships as part of the process of therapy.
Philosophy and Approach to Therapy:
My philosophy of therapy is holistic, meaning that I practice from a belief system that a graceful and loving God created people and gave them three distinct parts: the spirit, the soul (mind, will, and emotions), and the body. God intends for us to be whole beings; to be in relationship with Him, ourselves and others. When any of these are out of sync, it affects the other parts of our lives.
Relationships are essential to our existence. When our relationships are unbalanced it can be emotionally painful. The pain can manifest itself as depression, anxiety, chemical dependence or abuse and multiple other symptoms, including physical, that are distressful.
In my work, I place a strong emphasis on personal strengths, relationship healing, and I am a marriage friendly therapist. I counsel school age children, adolescents and adults of all ages either individually or in families or as couples.